Staff Management System
The Staff members custom feature takes advantage of Drupal's Custom Content Types and the phenomenal Views Module to provide a simple and flexible Staff Management system.
A custom content type is added to your site containing unique fields for storing information about your organization's staff. Custom views are then created to display your staff in a variety of ways.
Custom content types take advantage of a flexible relational database system. This has many advantages over simple HTML pages, including:
- Easy-to-use data entry forms require minimal training and reduce input errors.
- Edit the content in one place and it is immediately updated wherever it shows on the site.
- Multiple editors can work on the site at the same time.
- The same data can be shown in many different ways, including individual staff member pages, full department lists, JSON and RSS feeds, etc.
- The display of staff member information follows a consistent design accross all pages on the site.
- Lists of staff members can be easily sorted and displayed by name, grade, department, etc.
- Custom, password-protected administration views provide complete lists of staff records. You can change the display order by clicking and dragging, hide individual records from public view, and much more.